Our firm looks back on a long tradition.
In 1929, the firm was founded in Berlin, and after World War II moved to Heidelberg. In 1989, the firm was managed by patent attorney Dr. Thurmod Ullrich, and patent attorney Dr. Ulrich Naumann joined as the second name partner. Since then, ULLRICH & NAUMANN has been growing continuously.
Continuity, growth, presence
Traditionally the core areas of our technical expertise were in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering as well as in physics.
In response to a substantial demand for high-quality advice in the biotechnology and life-sciences sector, in 2015, we decided to dedicate a new focus to building a sustainable biotechnology and life-sciences practice and to extending our firm’s expertise to this area of technology.
Currently a team of nine and patent attorneys, two IP lawyers, an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney and two trainee patent attorneys consider all questions arising from the German, European and international IP systems.
The firm moved twice within Heidelberg. Today our offices are located right in Heidelberg’s city centre and directly at the banks of the Neckar – a location that matches the firm’s presence and contemporary orientation.