Continuity, growth, presence
Our firm looks back on a long tradition. In 1929, Dr. Arthur Ullrich founded the firm in Berlin, but already moved the firm to Heidelberg in the 1940s. In 1989, Dr. Ulrich Naumann joined as further naming partner. Since then, ULLRICH & NAUMANN has been growing continuously.
Traditionally the core areas of our technical expertise were in the fields of mechanical and electrical engineering as well as in physics. In response to a substantial demand for high-quality advice in the biotechnology and life-sciences sector, in 2015, we decided to dedicate a new focus to building a sustainable biotechnology and life-sciences practice and to extending our firm’s expertise to this area of technology.
Currently a team of nine and patent attorneys, two IP lawyers, an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney and two trainee patent attorneys consider all questions arising from the German, European and international IP systems.
The firm moved twice within Heidelberg. Today our offices are located right in Heidelberg’s city centre and directly at the banks of the Neckar – a location that matches the firm’s presence and contemporary orientation.